2307

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ragging...an exercise in futility!

"oye! intro dey apna"
translated to simple, for your average red blooded indian, english, it means "gimme ur intro"
this is wat greeted me on the first day of college at mic. No maple trees (yes! i imagined maple trees...u can stop sniggering now), no welcoming smile from teachers, none of the many gay-ass features proudly displayed in the manipal brochure. only 3 menacing seniors breathing down my face. and thus began a rather irritating and frustrating tirade of giving intro's to a dozen seniors one after the other.
close to one and a half semesters later, ive come to realise the reasons behind such a practice. granted that the capability to give an introduction is an essential skill for the journalist, but pardon me if i sound rude when i say that : "Can give my intro 15 times a day" is not something i would like on my resume (not that my GPA's gonna do me any good).
Anyway, here are some of the reasons i found out that lead to the hunger for intro's among seniors:-

1) Years of living in solitary confinement. this being forced upon them by their parents who though he would become a social menace if they let him out during the day.
2) Years of staring at the same cottage like buildngs of the college. (i actually saw a senior once staring longingly at the college building....no comments!)
3) Pent up anger because the girl he was eying in class refused to see the good side of his many "skills" (bashing up ppl and riding a bike on the "highway to hell")
4) Having to suffer through the same quality of lime juice from the stall outside of college. Believe me...a bad lime juice in the morning can wreck ur day!

of course, i'm sure i'll find out many more reasons for this rare disease in due course. till then if ur a senior reading this...
I'm Bibhash Dash, from jamshedpur. i passed my 12th standard from loyola school.......
life goes on!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fucking funny, dude! The lime juice bit cracked me up.

PS: I'm from around Jamshepur too, dude! Remember? We smoked up during the Archie convention?

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home